1. Paul M, Lichtenberg E S, Borgatta L, Grimes DA, Stubblefield PG, Creinin MD, Management of Unintended and Abnormal Pregnancy, Comprehensive Abortion Care; 2009 Wiley-Blackwell.
2. Induced Abortion. ACOG Patient Education Pamphlet, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. June 2007.
3. Rooney B, Calhoun B. Induced abortion and risk of later premature births. Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons 2003; 8(2):46-49.
4. Behrman, R and Stith Butler A. Preterm Birth: Causes, Consequences, and Prevention 2006. Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Science.
5. MacMahon, et al. Age at first birth and breast cancer risk. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 1970. 43:209-221.
6. Daling, J, et al. Risk of breast cancer among young women: relationship to induced abortion. J of the Natl Cancer Institute, November 1994; Vol 86(21).
7. Hsieh C-c, et al. Delivery of premature newborns and maternal breast-cancer risk. Lancet. 1999; 353-1239.
8. Thorp JM, Shadigian E, et al. Long term physical and psychological health consequences of induced abortion: review of the evidence. Obstetrical &smp; Gynecological Survey; 2003; 58(1):67-79.
9. Templeton S-K, "Royal College Warns Abortion Can Lead to Mental Illness," The Sunday Times, March 16, 2008, http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3559486.ece (Accessed June 16, 2008); "Position Statement on Women's Mental Health in Relation to Induced Abortion," March 14, 2008, Royal College of Psychiatrists, http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/members/currentissues/mentalhealthandabortion.aspx (Accessed June 16, 2008).
10. Cougle JR, et al. Depression associated with abortion and childbirth: a long-term analysis of the NLSY cohort. Med Science Monitor 2003; 9(4):105-112.d
11. Thorp JM, Shadigian E, et al. Long term physical and psychological health consequences of induced abortion: review of the evidence.
12. Gissler M, et al. Suicides after pregnancy in Finland: 1987-1994: register linkage study. British Medical Journal 1996; 313:1431-4.d
13. Shadigian EM et al. Pregnancy-associated death: a qualitative systematic review of homicide and suicide. Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 2005; 60(3):183